We believe in all kinds of aluminum recycling, from thumb-gunned PBR cans to engine cases. Check out these before and after shots of an e50 case. To turn this useless anchor into a beautiful working machine you will need the following:
- Tape for MASKING. We use gaff tape. Be sure to protect threads and spots where the case touches the other case half, the cylinder and the clutch cover.
- Optional sand blasting. We think its fun as shit. It cleans up all corrosion in 5 mins and gives you a nice even surface. But you can do this at home with coarse steel wool, ya slow poke.
- Cotton cutting wheel (with cutting compound)*
- Baby wire wheel and dremel, for the hard to reach spots.
- Cotton buffing wheel (with buffing compound) for crazy mirror shine.
*DO NOT mix together the cutting/buffing compound and don’t let the cutting and buffing wheel touch one another. No touch! Make sure to clean off all the cutting compound before you move to the buffing stage.
Work it in that order. Take your time. If you don’t want to get your hands dirty, drop your stuff off with us.
Special thanks to Danny Wood for giving us these cotton wheels. XOXO